To receive your Extended Warranty your Dovre Stove or Fireplace must have been purchased from an authorised stockist within our Expert Retailer Network and your Warranty registered with Dovre within one month of the later of the purchase date or installation date. The commencement date for the warranty period is the date of purchase.
During the registration process, the details of the Expert Retailer from whom you purchased your product will be required for your Extended Warranty to be activated. Any product purchased outside of our Expert Retailer Network, or not registered within the stated time, will carry a standard 12-month Warranty, or minimum statutory warranty for your country. The Extended Warranty for your Dovre Stove or Fireplace extends the standard 12-month Warranty by a further 4 years to a total Warranty period of 5 years.
It is a condition of the Extended Warranty that the installation complies with relevant Building Regulations and the rules in force, and is carried out by a suitably trained and qualified individual (HETAS registered in England or equivalent qualified engineer in other countries) with a certificate of installation and the appropriate commissioning report completed and retained by the end-user. These can be found within your Installation and User Manual.
It is also a condition of the Extended Warranty that your Dovre Stove or Fireplace is regularly serviced (every 12 months) by a suitably trained and qualified individual (HETAS registered in England or equivalent qualified engineer in other countries). Records and receipts of annual services will be required in the event of a warranty claim during the period of the extended warranty.
Dovre encourage having your chimney swept at least twice a year when burning wood or at least once a year when burning smokeless fuels. Records and receipts of chimney sweeping will be required in the event of a warranty claim during the period of the extended warranty.
This Warranty can be transferred in the event that the Customer sells the appliance within the Warranty period. The Customer must inform Dovre in writing of the sale within 14 days of the resale. Failure to notify Dovre within 14 days will result in the Warranty becoming invalid. Please pass on the dated sales receipt as a proof of purchase to the new owner.
During your extended Warranty period, only genuine Dovre spare parts must be used in the servicing and maintenance of your Stove or Fireplace, these spare parts can be ordered from an Expert Retailer directly.
Consumable items such as glass, firebricks, grate parts, log retainers, baffles, ash pans and rope seals which are either subject to normal wear and tear or parts that require replacement in connection with normal maintenance are not covered, either by the original or the Extended Warranty. Damage caused by failure to replace worn or damaged consumable parts will not be covered by this warranty.
Should you experience problems with your Stove or Fireplace, any claim must be submitted first to the Expert Retailer from whom the product was purchased. Your Expert Retailer will either be able to offer immediate assistance or having visited you make contact with Dovre on your behalf. For a Service call to be arranged Dovre will require proof of registration, commissioning documents and service history if applicable (Service history required for all product over 12-months old). Any Warranty claim without the required information will be referred back to your Expert Retailer from whom you purchased it.
To progress any Warranty claims for damaged appliance/parts, paint or any visual defects, photographic evidence must be supplied. Failure to provide photographic evidence may result in the claim being delayed or refused.
A service call will only be logged once the retailer or installer has inspected the appliance and verified that there is a manufacturing fault. Any visit by a Dovre Engineer will incur a service charge if, our engineer inspects an appliance and concludes there is no manufacturing fault.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
No Warranty is extended to consumable service parts or the repair or replacement of parts, which are subject to normal wear and tear during the Warranty period. Parts that will require replacement in connection with normal annual maintenance, such parts include but are not limited to glass, rope seals, firebricks, grate parts, log retainers, baffles and ash pans are not covered under the Warranty.
The Dovre Extended Warranty does not cover:
- In normal usage, the paint finish of your Dovre Stove or Fireplace may change colour slightly. As these circumstances are considered normal, they are not covered by the Warranty. The paint finish will require touching up or repainting from time to time. Maintaining the finish is normal practice and is not covered by the warranty.
- Enamelled components where these parts are subjected to abnormally high temperatures, chemical abrasion or thermal shocks, resulting in chipping, cracking, bubbling or discolouration and crazing of the enamelled finish.
- Damage resulting from installation and usage where the appliance has not been installed or used in accordance with the Dovre installation and operation instructions, or if the installation does not conform to local building, fire and safety regulations.
- Defects or faults caused by specific local conditions such as draught problems and chimney defects.
- Damage or faults caused by lack of appropriate annual servicing.
- The Dovre Extended Warranty does not cover damage caused by over-firing of the appliance. (Please see your Dovre Installation and Operating Instructions for further information).
- Damage or premature wear caused by burning inappropriate fuels such as Bituminous coal, “Petro-Coke” or any other Petroleum based coals. Please visit the HETAS website, www.hetas.co.uk, for a full list of approved fuels which are covered by the warranty. Fuels outside of this list are not covered by the Warranty.
- Damage caused by burning material with high creosote content or any other painted/treated timber.
- Damage caused by burning wood with high moisture content. (Please see your Dovre Installation and Operating Instructions for further information).
- Damage caused by unauthorised modifications, use or repair.
- Damage or defects caused by the product being stored in a damp, unheated environment.
- Consequential loss (to the extent permitted by law) relating to other associated products that have not been supplied by Dovre.
- Consequential loss (to the extent permitted by law) related to decorations, furnishings or other household assets.
- Removal and re-installation costs.
Repaired or replaced products are covered only for the remainder of the original Warranty period.
If you should ever wish to make a Warranty claim because of a product fault or defect, you must inform your retailer within a reasonable amount of time, usually this is within 14 days from the date on which the fault or defect first became apparent. If the product fault or defect is notified after 14 days from the date on which the fault or defect became apparent, Dovre cannot accept any liability for events or issues which arise after the 14-day period or which are caused or increased by the lack of notification which therefore prevented action being taken to restrict or eliminate any consequences arising from the fault or defect at an earlier date.
In the event of a product fault occurring during the Warranty period, Dovre will send the appropriate component or goods necessary to rectify the fault, free of charge.
Nothing in the Extended Warranty shall make Dovre liable for any or special, incidental or consequential damages, injury to persons or property, or any other consequential loss beyond the consumer’s statutory rights. The liability on these issues is covered by Dovre’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Dovre’s total liability extends only to the purchase price paid for the goods, except where such a limitation is prohibited by statute. Dovre, in the event of a Warranty claim, reserve the right either to replace the goods in question or to refund the purchase price of the goods.
The Dovre Extended Warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
In the event of any conflict of information, the warranty details provided on the website shall prevail.
The liability on these issues is covered by Stovax’s (UK & ROI Distributor) Terms and Conditions of Sale.
The above warranty terms and conditions came into effect on 20th February 2020 and are applicable for all relevant products purchased after this date. Appliances despatched prior to this date will have a different warranty as set out within the Installation and User Instructions that was supplied with the product.
Please note: This warranty is applicable for purchases within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only. Purchases in all other countries are subject to the warranty conditions specified by the reseller in those markets.